Game Designer at Microsoft. Released in October 2014.
Project Spark is a sandbox game where players can create their own games on Xbox One, PC and Xbox SmartGlass.
Players make their own games using a build-editor and script actions using Kode, an easy-to-learn visual scripting language. Creations can then be uploaded and shared for anyone to play. The game is free and players can purchase separate DLC packs which include new levels, new props, new logic and other advanced gameplay features.
My contributions on this project:
- Created new content and levels
- Shipped 11 DLC packs and responsible for maintaining previous DLC. Highlights include Conker’s Big Reunion (official return of Conker!), Distress Call (new sci-fi content), and Massive World Builder (new gameplay systems)
- Built levels and scripted gameplay systems for Champion’s Quest, a 3rd person action-adventure campaign that can be played in co-op
- Concepted, prototyped, and designed gameplay props and configured properties
- Scripted all content, gameplay logic and AI using Kode, a visual based scripting language
- Collaborated with other disciplines on each DLC pack to deliver player wish fulfillment and most importantly – a fun gameplay experience
Level Whitebox WIP:
Scores, Awards and Features:
85 – Post Arcade (National Post)
8 / 10 – IGN
8 / 10 – Eurogamer Germany
4 / 5 – Hardcore Gamer
7.5 / 10 – Game Informer
IGN Best of E3 2014 nominee
XET.BE E3 2014 Best Game
IGN Gamescom 2013 People’s Choice nominee
Gameswelt Gamescom 2013 Best Family and Best Social Game nominee
XBG Games Gamescom 2013 Xbox 360 / Xbox One Editor’s Choice award